- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ kg mixed mushrooms, roughly chopped (I use button and enoki).
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 cup green beans chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro plus extra for serving
- 3 tbsp minced red onion or shallots
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice (plus extra lime wedges for serving)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (substitute soy sauce if you don’t like fish sauce)
- 1 tspn maple syrup (optional)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 6 lime leaves, spine removed, chopped finely.
- Iceberg lettuce leaves for serving
- 1 cup quinoa
Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until translucent, Add the carrots, beans and saute for a couple of minutes. Add mushrooms and saute until they begin to brown and release their juices (6-8 minutes). Add in lime leaves, fish sauce, palm sugar, lime juice and red chilli.
Remove from the heat. Place vegetables in a large bowl. Stir in the coriander, mint and spring onions.
Combine 1 cup of washed quinoa to 1 1/2 cups water and place them both into a pot. Add a very small pinch of sea salt and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to very low and place on a lid. Simmer quinoa over a low heat for 15 minutes or until all the water has absorbed then turn off the heat.
Mix together vegetables with quinoa. Season to your taste with extra fish sauce and lime juice. Garnish with extra coriander and mint.
Serve with iceberg lettuce leaves for scooping. Enjoy!