- 4 medium size carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- ½ small garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 50g pistachios, toasted and chopped
- Big handful of coriander leaves
- Big handful of mint leaves
- 1 tin canned organic puy lentils rinsed and drained.
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1½ tsp cumin seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Whisk the dressing ingredients in a bowl with half a teaspoon of salt and a good grind of pepper. Add the salad ingredients, toss to coat and serve.