Food As Medicine
Home Study Course
FOOD AS MEDICINE
EXTERNAL STUDY COURSE
This course is an external study course that has been designed to give you an understanding of the principles of Chinese Medicine and how to use diet and food to balance and build energy (Qi).
It will give you the tools to apply this understanding through the way you cook and share food.
We are committed to providing high quality training in Wu Tao Dance and affiliated subjects to teachers and students of Wu Tao for both professional development and general learning interests.
Who may study the Food as Medicine course?
1. A Wu Tao teacher, student of TCM or a professional practitioner in this field, who may wish to take this course to supplement or improve his or her professional knowledge.
2. A student of Wu Tao or lay person, who may want to take this course to satisfy his or her desire for knowledge and practical skills.
Course duration 62 hours.
Consists of 16 x 2 hour lessons (includes assignment time), 20 hours of practical home practice and a Final assignment (10 hours)
Healing with Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford
Between Heaven and Earth by Harriet Beinfield & Efrem Korngold
Food Medicine Course Outline
- Lesson 1 Basic principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Lesson 2 Understanding the Patterns Diagnostic Principles
- Lesson 3 Five Elements/Five Flavours
- Lesson 4 Classification of Foods – Grains, Fruits and Vegetables
- Lesson 5 Classification of Foods – Protein and Animal Products
- Lesson 6 Fats and Oils
- Lesson 7 Classification of Foods – Legumes, nuts & seeds
- Lesson 8 Metal Element and Autumn Foods
- Lesson 9 Water Element and Winter Foods
- Lesson 10 Wood Element and Spring Foods
- Lesson 11 Fire Element and Summer Foods
- Lesson 12 Earth Element and Late Summer Foods
- Lesson 13 Food Preparation
- Lesson 14 Dietary Therapy for Specific Conditions 1
- Diabetes/Blood Sugar imbalance/Stomach and Intestinal disorders
- Lesson 15 Dietary Therapy for Specific Conditions 2
- Blood Disorders
- Lesson 16 Dietary Therapy for Specific Conditions 3
- Menstrual Disorders
Please complete the enrolment form and send in with cheque or money order to Wu Tao -The Dancing Way, or enrol and pay through our secure payment via PayPal.
On receiving your application we will send you out your course material, assignments, and details on how to submit your completed work.
All assignments need to be completed and marked with a pass (scoring over 75%), in order to qualify to receive a certificate of completion.
Assignments can be submitted on-line or by post in these ways:
By the module: complete all assignments in module and submit together
Full course: complete all assignments in course and submit together.
Once all your assignments have been marked they will be returned to you with your certificate of successful completion of the Food as Medicine study program.